Recommended Packing List For Rides In The Peruvian Andes
- Duffle bag
- Day pack (contents will go in saddle bags when riding)
- Towels and personal toiletries on camping rides
- Polypropylene or similar material top and trousers
- Socks suitable for hiking/riding (wool or polypropylene)
- Shorts for around camp (optional) we sometimes ride through spiny bush and shorts are not recommended when riding.
- Long trousers
- Broken in hiking/riding footwear
- Gloves for riding
- Parka/warm jacket and sweater(s)
- Rain poncho/jacket and rain pants
- Hat for sun protection
- High factor sunscreen and lip balm
- Personal medication
- Insect repellant/ after-bite
- Good flashlight (torch) and spare batteries and bulb on camping trips.
- Pocket knife
- Binoculars & Camera (optional)
- Ziploc bags and garbage bags for clothes etc.
- Valid passport.
Consult Your Health Centre or Family Doctor
Electricity is 220v in Peru. Please bring the relevant adapters if you habitually use a different power source. Surge Protectors Highly Recommended. UK plugs do not work in Peru - sockets are round/flat two pin as in the USA.
On the 1 and 2 day rides and the Inca Trail Ride cell phone signal is available at most locations and phones are available at hotels plus Wi-Fi. On the Pony Express ride there is no communication from lunch on day one to the afternoon on day 4